A very entertaining first half ended goalless, with both teams going close, particularly Gary Madine for Wednesday. Huddersfield's manager had words with the fourth official over the confusion, and a red card was not given with the player continuing on in the second half. It was a great relief to Sheffield Wednesday to finally get their hands on a proven goal scoring striker.

As the half hour make just passed a corner whipped in by Lewis Buxton was poked into the net by Leroy Lita to double the Owls' advantage and to step them closer to the win that would secure survival. Lita then had a chance to put the Owls two goals clear by the break but the opposition goalkeeper made a save. The game finished in a 21 defeat and Watford moved up to second, while Sheffield Wednesday went just two-points adrift of the relegation zone, with more very tough games coming up fifth placed Leicester City were next before heading back home to face top of the league Cardiff City. Finally the well deserved equaliser did come, and it was good link up play between Chris Maguire and Lewis Buxton down wing that produced a cross that managed to make its way to the back post where Leroy Lita scored an unstoppable shot into the bottom corner. Amado did not make a competitive appearance for the Owls, but played a healthy part in pre-season. [67], The second game of three within six days came against Blackpool at Hillsborough Stadium on 6 November.

[94] Elsewhere, while it was largely believed that Jrmy Hlan had joined Watford on loan, talks between the two parties had broken down and Hlan did return to Sheffield Wednesday after all.

The game against Cardiff City kicked off, and, although Craig Bellamy went close in the first half, Wednesday also had their chances; however, the game went into the break goalless. There was a few minutes confusion while the Wednesday players surrounded the referee in appeals that the goal should count as the referee had not blew his whistle to stop the game. Wednesday went on to have a few half chances before the break, but so did Watford as Chris Kirkland made one fine save. The clash started off fairly quietly and evenly, and the first key chance fell to Sheffield Wednesday, as Danny Pugh's corner found Anthony Gardner completely unmarked at the far post, and after a touch from Michail Antonio the ball was cleared off the line.

However, if a push had taken place there should have been a red card instead of a yellow card, and also the goal should still have been given due to the referee not stopping the game. [110] On 6 April, Sheffield Wednesday faced another massive game as they played Blackburn Rovers at Hillsborough, with Blackburn being on the same number of points as Wednesday and as equally in danger of being relegated. Brighton almost immediately hit back though when a free-kick found Brighton's new signing Leonardo Ulloa whose strike was smartly saved by Chris Kirkland. As the minutes ticked on it was not at all a comfortable ride for Cardiff City as Wednesday had attack after attack and goalkeeper Chris Kirkland came close after coming up for a last-minute corner. sheffield last tramway trams tram crich village 1960 museum national

Leroy Lita's shot for example was comfortably saved and Michail Antonio's left-footed shot went just over the bar. [90], Another departure came in the last full week of January when it was announced that Chris Lines was to be going on loan to Milton Keynes Dons for the rest of the season. Not ten minutes later however, and a stretched Blackburn players foot gave Jermaine Johnson the ball just outside the area, whose trickery went round one player and finished finely into the bottom far corner to bring the scores back level again. The only notable chance before the game ended was from Giles Coke whose strike was comfortably saved, and the game finished with a thoroughly deserved and pleasing victory for Sheffield Wednesday. A poor start saw Blackburn take the lead with Grant Hanley scoring from close range. Impressive youngster Rhys McCabe played the whole of the first game for the Scotland U-21's against Luxembourg U-21, however McCabe was only on the bench for the game against Austria U-21. The game finished in a 02 loss, another very frustrating defeat for the Owls. Barkley who had impressed while on loan at Wednesday made 13 appearances scoring 4 goals. Wednesday 12 September 2012, saw the eagerly anticipated release of over 400,000 pages of official documents from the Hillsborough Independent Panel, in relation to the Hillsborough disaster. [71] The other loan capturing was Mamady Sidib, from Stoke City, with the striker also coming on loan for a month. Meanwhile, in the youth squad, Matthew Tumilty who had made one appearance for the club the previous season was released. [95] Transfer deadline day eventually came and with many moves happening across the globe, the day was fairly quiet for Sheffield Wednesday. The Millwall game was the game that the Owls had in hand over the majority of the other teams in the league, and therefore was seen as probably the most important game of the season so far, as it could see Sheffield Wednesday go six points clear of the relegation-zone and up to fourteenth in the league their highest point since early October. Both teams matched each other for the rest of the half and it remained level at the break.

After no fixture for Sheffield Wednesday at the weekend, the Owls faced Birmingham City] away in the first mid-week league fixture of the year. [44] The end of August every year always sees the end of the summer transfer window. The game started brightly and after just three-minutes a mistake from the back by Watford sent Michail Antonio through on goal who slotted coolly past the goalkeeper to put the Owls a goal up. However, scenes soon died down as the goal was disallowed for offside. Unusual compared to the rest of the season so far Sheffield Wednesday had a great start and took the lead after just two-minutes through on-loan youngster Ross Barkley after placing the ball into the net. Jordan Rhodes, who scored four-goals at his one visit at this ground last season, stepped up and sent Chris Kirkland the wrong way to give Blackburn the lead. It was Sheffield Wednesday's one of very few chances, and Millwall continued to pressurise and a long-ball forward saw Danny Shittu and Chris Kirkland come together and the ball dropped to a Millwall player whose shot was cleared off the line by Miguel Llera, although the whistle had just been blown for a foul on Kirkland. Sheffield Wednesday were easily on top for the rest of the half after this goal, with Rda Johnson turning brilliantly but blasting over the bar, soon after though and Rda Johnson went over in the box after his shirt was being pulled, the referee decided in giving another penalty in this game. Both sides had reasonable half-chances before the end of the game, and although Sheffield Wednesday gave it everything for the equaliser they just could not get it. Dexter Blackstock had a goal disallowed for offside, and then Forest got their reward with some brilliant football and teamwork that saw Radosaw Majewski slot the ball home into the almost empty net. Bottles, chairs, coins and advertising boards were thrown in what was seen to be an embarrassment to the game. [64] After confirming Ross Barkley's stay at the club for at least another month, and capturing ex-Everton young goalkeeper Adam Davies, due to a goalkeeping crisis, Wednesday faced Blackburn Rovers at Ewood Park. [15] With June coming to a close it was time for players who had been offered contracts to either agree terms or look to play elsewhere. [27] Back to the transfer market and the Owls revealed the new signing of Rhys McCabe on a free transfer after deciding not to join the new-co Rangers. argyle plymouth kit league football After a fairly even first twenty-four minutes Manchester City-loanee Wayne Bridge hit a free-kick that took a large deflection off Rhys McCabe and went into the back of the net.

And although both sides created hardly any chances, it was a foul in the box by Lewis Buxton that gave MK Dons a penalty. The second half started with Gary Madine's header being the best chance for Wednesday all the second half as Barnsley went on to dominate the game. As things were not going well Connor Wickham was introduced with only just over half-an-hour gone to make his debut.

[93], As the transfer deadline approached in January, it was confirmed that Barcelona B loanee Rodri was to return to his parent club by mutual consent after a largely unsuccessful spell at Sheffield Wednesday and failing to settle or adapt to the Championship. Note: Flags indicate national team as defined under FIFA eligibility rules. While this was happening, a ball in the box was volleyed into the net by Gary Madine. The first half only had very few minor incidents, with the only one note worthy of was when Leroy Lita looked like he could have been obstructed in the box and had claims for a penalty turned down.

Another loss though came to question how long left would manager Dave Jones have to save his job? Cardiff City pressurised Wednesday who were defending excellently and Craig Bellamy also had a header which he should have scored from.

Also Jon Otsemobor, Chris Sedgwick, Clinton Morrison, and Vadaine Oliver were released. This very bad news came at probably the most pivotal point of the season for Sheffield Wednesday as with just over a month to go before the end of the season the club are just one point and place above the relegation zone, and games such as Barnsley, Bristol City, and Peterborough United all still to come. Another substitute by Barnsley, Jason Scotland, then had a chance as his shot was also well saved by Kirkland.

However, through Wednesday's chances, a rare attack for Charlton saw them go on and hit the post. Even after the equaliser Sheffield Wednesday pushed for a possible winner. The final whistle blew and it was seen as good point for Sheffield Wednesday as it was an extra point towards safety. However, Leicester City slowly started to take control of the match and deservedly took the lead with four-minutes to go until half-time as Danny Drinkwater volleyed home into the far corner, even though there should have been a foul given in favour of Wednesday within the build-up. Danny Pugh made a great clearance after a cross, but then at the other end Giles Coke forced a good save out of the opposition goalkeeper to keep the scores level. The first half went by without much action to report, with both teams seemingly to concentrate on their defensive duties, due to the number of goals each team has let in within recent games. In the second half, Gary Madine went agonisingly close, and should have scored, while Michail Antonio also went close. The third game in six days came away to Middlesbrough, live on Sky Sports on a Friday night. [109], Just two-days later and Sheffield Wednesday faced another massive game as they faced another relegation-contender as they played bottom-of-the-league Bristol City away at Ashton Gate. Into the second half and the game began to even out, although Sheffield Wednesday did still look the more dangerous side on the attack. The game finished in another loss for Wednesday, with some fans losing patience with players and the manager alike.

[83] A day after the loss it was confirmed Jay Bothroyd had returned to his parent club Queens Park Rangers, with Wednesday not wanting to extend the loan. The game started with both teams fired-up and looking for the win. Firstly it was announced that youngster Caolan Lavery would be joining Southend United on loan until the end of the season, Lavery is yet to make his debt for Sheffield Wednesday, but has featured twice on the bench in the League Cup games against Fulham and Southampton.

As time ticked on Bristol City pressed for an equaliser and thought their moment had gone when Albert Adomah volleyed well over the bar having expected to do a lot better. Hillsborough Stadium was the location of the clash against Milton Keynes Dons, and a game with very few chances saw Mamady Sidib's header and Michail Antonio's deflected shot being the best chances of the first half. And when a dangerous cross was sent in and contact at all by Dwight Gayle would have doubled the score, but fortunately for the Owls he did not. It remained goalless at half-time and Leicester had the first major opportunity in the second half when a cross in the box saw Harry Kane head over the bar, when the player seemingly should have at least got the header on target. [57] The last game of September came in another away game, this time against recently Premier League relegated side Wolverhampton Wanderers. shirt barcelona fc boys shirts classic

Site is undergoing maintenance

The Light Orchestra

Maintenance mode is on

Site will be available soon. Thank you for your patience!

Lost Password